The Red Rocking Chair


Hello from Ladybug Cottage! I hope you have all had a great day. I am so glad it is the first day of March, the Dairy Queen across the street from my school opened today. I always think of that as the first sign of spring.
     Today I wanted to tell you about my red rocking chair.  I found it at a garage sale for five dollars.  Of course it did not look like this when I bought it.  It was all scratched and the pad was really gross.  When I bought it my husband rolled his eyes and said"are you kidding",  This was last summer at the time there was an Activia commercial about a preschool teacher with a red rocker.  I really didn't pay attention to the commercial I was to busy looking at the chair.  My husband being the good guy that he is took the chair to his wood shop and began to work it over.  I started looking for just the right fabric for the chair cushion.  Being a lover of all things Mary Englebrite I went with the red cherries.  I love sitting in it and sharing good books with children.
Wouldn't one of Brenda's Lollipop pillows look great in the chair.
Hugs
Suzan
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Oh my, what a good buy and a great pop of color, the fabric was perfect and It looks like the most comfortable chair in the house!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan, that is a perfectly wonderful transformation! I'm a big fan of red. I think it adds so much cheer to a room. Good job!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, oh, my - would that look great in my house, lol! You did a wonderful job with this chair - looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Have Enough Love?

A Baby Changes Everything

Happy Sunday