bg

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Where I Create

     Good Morning,
     There is a really beautiful blog that I love to visit called My Desert Cottage.  Right now she has a link going on for bloggers to show where they create.  Blogland has some  amazingly creative people.  This is one of my creative spaces.  This room is also used as an office for my husband's contracting company.  So I am only allowed about 50% of the space.  He will tell you that I am using 90% but that is just not true LOL.  last winter when I asked him to add on a room for my sewing this was his solution.  We have counter space along one wall with cabinets over the space.
I have Dollar Tree (I love that store) baskets that hold ribbons, buttons, just general sewing stuff.  The shoe laces hanging out of the basket above I have a special use for.  I will show you in a later blog.
This is a big table that I use for working on my photo albums.  I also use it for my small ironing board.  It is great to have it handy for small pressing jobs (hubby would prefer this table be empty, not happening).  Please ignore the bumper sticker on the light.  It was a gift, but I really did not think it should go on my beetle.
It would appear that this guy is going to become my new side kick.  Sweeney follows me everywhere.  This is his favorite spot when I am in the sewing room.  He is just like Yogi at Aunt Polly's Porch.  He sleeps really well to the hum of the sewing machine.
This is the other place that I create.  It is a garden shed that hubby built a few years ago.  This is a working shed.  I finally got it all cleaned out and this is what I have been doing.  At school we have a place where things get put that nobody wants.  I found this stool down there and brought it home and gave it a little love.  Sorry I don't have a before, I love the red paint which will match the rocker at school.
I added a little Mary E to it and it turned out so cute!  I have several other pieces that are painted but I haven't finished yet.  It turned hot and humid again so we have been hibernating in the house.
This is what I am working on right now.  When I get it finished I will share it with you.
Hugs from Ladybug Cottage
Suzan

6 comments:

  1. I sure am envious of your creative spaces. We are too full of bodies for a space of my own but someday maybe. Love that red stool. Red is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great red stool! I love to use Mary Engelbreit to decorate also. I love to see where people create and your space is great! That little house is adorable! What an adorable little Doxie! I have a Doxie grand-dog. What little sweethearts. Thanks for visiting my blog. Please be sure to enter the giveaway for a quilt book. The next giveaway is going to be for fabrics. Cheery wave from Bev
    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out, Suzan! Your spaces are so cheerful... like your new red stool! Anything with M.E. on it is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I just found you and I'm doing a happy dance---fell head over heels in love with Sweeney---looks like our rescue, Marlee. :D I also have a long-haired red daschund, Bayley. AND I am a fabric/quilting books/magazines/etc hoarder. :D (Much to my DH's chagrin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your garden shed. What a wonderful place to hang out in and enjoy your garden. Hubby did a good job. so hoping to get a new building next year. Now following you.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden shed is so cute and that red stool is adorable!
    Thanks for your recent visit and kind comments. To answer your question, most of the vintage pictures I use on my blog are from illustrations in the old children's books that I love to collect. The picture of the little boy in my header is from a calendar I had several years ago.

    ReplyDelete