bg

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Sewing Room

Last Summer I began making noises about wanting a sewing room.  At first I was willing to redo the garden shed and move out there.  That suggestion didn't meet with a lot of support because of the sheer
 amount of work that would be involved.  The next suggestion was the guest room, however that room was small.  So we looked around for ideas and came up with using the guest room, but Roger would make a Murphy bed.  Since this room is only used for a guest room about two nights every other year this was the perfect solution.  This is the top of the cutting table which I love.  I should be able to cut anything I need to out on it.  Yes I have my two girl friends here to watch over me.
This is the outside of the Murphy bed.  All of the wood is oak, I wanted everything to be as light as possible because the windows are pretty small.  Please note all of the pink things hanging on the handles.  These are for the princess when she arrives.
This is a bank of cabinets and drawers next to the Murphy bed.  I have most of my fabric stored here.  But I have to confess that there is more in other places.  
The cutting table has a drawer and cabinets on the right side and a band of drawers down the other side.
Roger built this dresser /storage cabinet for my mom when she lived in her apartment.  When she went to the nursing home it came home with us.  Now it is perfect to store my scrap book supplies in.
     I am trying really hard to be organized.
     The sewing machine sits on a long counter inside the closet.  We didn't put the doors back on it and it is perfect.  I have lots of to spread out projects when I am sewing.
     For Christmas I got a new television to watch while I am in here.  Wow I hate all of those cords hanging around!
    Well that is a fast tour around the room.  It is really wonderful to have a place that I can make a mess and leave it if I need to.
    The next project to come off the sewing machine is things for the princess room.

Hugs Suzan
Lady Bug Cottage



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing room is wonderful! I would love to have a place where I could leave my mess. For me, the mess is usually left on the dining room table. Your supplies are so nicely organized too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'll bite...what is the princess room??

    ReplyDelete